Playing Video Poker is super popular around the world, even in and around Caddo Lake. This is because it’s easy to pick up and being skilled can help you win big.
Poker is a fixed-odds game that is played on a five-card draw. You can play this game on the gaming tables at one of the bigger casinos around your area. However, playing Video Poker is possible, even from truck-stop casinos like Cash Magic Shreveport. Other than these two, you can also look at playing Online Poker directly from your computer or mobile device at casinosjungle.
As for this article, we are going to focus on the art of playing (and winning) Video Poker. I’ve decided to write about Video Poker because it’s super popular around Caddo and I play it as well. In fact, to date, I’ve played over a million hands of Video Poker and won games with payouts in the thousands.
How To Play Video Poker?
While there are several variants of the game, the classic poker game comes with a five-card draw. After you get dealt your five-card hand, you can choose to discard or hold any number of cards.
The discarded cards will be replaced with new cards from the same deck. Your hand is evaluated with this final hand and the pay-out is calculated.
These are the key steps to playing Video Poker:
- Deposit credits into the Video Poker machine.
- Place your bet and hit Deal to receive your five cards.
- Discard the cards you don’t want (up to five can be discarded).
- Receive the replacement cards.
- Winning will get you a payout based on the paytable.
Variations Of Video Poker:
Other than the classic 5-card poker, there are a few popular variations that folks around Caddo Lake like to play:
- Jacks Or Better: You need a pair of Jacks or better to win with this game. Anything lower will not result in a pay-out.
- Deuces Wild: Two’s are wild cards here and can be substituted within your hand for any card.
- Bonus Poker: This is similar to Jacks Or Better but gives you a bonus if you get a four of a kind.
- Double Bonus: Again, similar to Jacks Or Better but only gives you a bonus is if you get four aces.
How To Win At Video Poker?
Learning Video Poker is easy but mastering it takes skill and time. So, how can you raise the odds of winning and getting rich?
There are two ways to do this:
Increase the %RTP (Percentage Return-To-Player):
Every game machine you play at will tell you the %RTP for that particular game. The best way to improve your odds of winning is to play a game with the best %RTP. This tip is the easiest way to improve your odds of winning at Video Poker.
Play The Best Hand:
If you play the hands based on the highest mathematical probability, you are sure to come out ahead. So, take the time and consider the best chance for setting up your hand for success. This is a more complex but doable way to improve your winning odds.
Now that you have understood how to play and win at Video Poker, get to the closest Video Poker Casino.